With 4 days of sessions, games, camping, competitions, and networking, BarCampUSA will take the BarCamp experience to the next level.
Barcamp USA was officially announced on November 2, 2006 and the planning team is currently being formed. For the next two months our goal is to get the word out about the event and to look for major sponsors. If you are interested in helping with the plans, sponsoring , etc.
- What – Barcamp is an un-conference about learning, sharing, and participation.
- Who – Anyone interested in technology and creativity
- Size We are expecting 5000+ participants (our location can accommodate 20,000+)
- When – August 23-26 2007
- Where – Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Jefferson, Wisconsin, USA – about a 2 hour drive from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.
- Why – To gather with other individuals who are excited about technology. Previous BarCamps have started some cool projects.
- lodging While many people will stay in area motels, tent camping will be available at the location. However, activities and competitions will run through the night so sleep for some BarCamp participants will not be an issue.