The new interface of Google Docs, which is slowly rolled out to all users, brings the service one step closer to an online storage service. The “items by type” menu replaced “PDFs” with “Files”, suggesting that Google Docs will allow users to upload any type of files.
Google Docs also added the advanced search options that are available in Gmail:
- exact phrase matching (“todo list”)
- negative matching (summer -trip)
- disjunctive matching (budget OR invoice)
- built-in labels (is:starred, is:hidden)
- collaborators: to find the documents shared by Michael Robinson, you need to search for: from:[email protected], assuming that’s his email address. The problem is that you need to know the email address, since the operator doesn’t support (partial) names.
Via Techcrunch We’ve just received a pair of screenshots that may be of Google’s upcoming Chrome OS operating system. Google announced the entirely browser-based OS in July, and since then a number of alleged screenshots have popped up that have ranged from laughably bad to somewhat plausible. Because we haven’t seen any confirmed screenshots from … Leggi tutto